Greek Souvlaki Koftas
What you need:
500g ground lamb
2 tablespoons Smokey Joe's Souvlaki seasoning
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for frying
What to do:
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground lamb, Smokey Joe's Souvlaki seasoning, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, finely chopped onion, minced garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly until all the ingredients are combined.
Divide the mixture into 12 portions and shape each portion into a sausage-shaped kofta.
for best results cook over charcoal or barbeque
Add the koftas to the pan, cooking in batches if necessary, and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides and cooked through.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Smokey Joe's Souvlaki seasoning lamb koftas!
[recipe and image courtesy of Smokey Joes Rubs]
Next-Level Mac n Cheese
Take your mac n cheese to a whole new level with the easiest & tastiest way to make mac n cheese. It's probably the cheesiest and most delicious mac & cheese you've ever tried! Recipe adapted from Smokey Joe's Rubs website
450gr grated gouda cheese
What to do:
1. Heat oven/slow cooker to low (around 150 C).
2. Place all ingredients (aside from the panko crumbs) in a foil tray / dish or Dutch oven & mix well.
3. Place in the oven and allow to cook, after 30 minutes, stir well to ensure everything is melting and incorporated. Continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
4. After 60 minutes pasta should be soft and the dish should have the desired texture. (If not, continue to cook for an additional 15-30 minutes as needed).
5. Stir mac and cheese well.
6. Mix panko crumbs and melted butter and top, mac n cheese, place back in oven or under grill to allow to brown.
Serve hot and bubbly!
For something a little different why no add some crispy fried bacon.
Got a smoker at home? Try the smoked version here!